"Eye Winker" goes back over a century and a half.
Some later versions have it as "nose smeller".
This fun game helps teach little kids the different parts of the child's face.
1. On "Eye winker": Point to eye.
2. On "Tom Tinker": Point to other eye.
3. On "Nose dropper": Point to nose.
4. On "Mouth eater": Point to mouth.
5. On 1st "Chin chopper": Gently move chin up and down.
6. On 2nd "Chin chopper": Tickle chin.
Check out Mama Lisa's World Blog to read many more versions of Eye Winker and join a discussion about rhymes and songs about names for the parts of the face.
Thanks and Acknowledgements
The earliest I found it in print is in 1846 in the book, "The Book of Nursery Rhymes Complete: From the Creation of the World to the Present Time" published in Philadelphia. It came out the same year in The Nursery Rhymes of England by J.O. Halliwell.
Let us know what you think!
If you feel any comment below is inappropriate, please email us. Thanks!