"This one I learned from my English mother - it's adorable. It's called 'Grandma's Glasses'." -Rhianna
Say line numbers 1 - 3 in a high-pitched voice like a grandma and say lines 4 - 6 in a deep voice like a grandpa.
1. These are Grandma's glasses.
2. This is Grandma's hat.
3. This is the way she takes her hands,
And puts them in her lap.
4. These are Grandpa's glasses.
5. This is Grandpa's hat.
6. This is the way he closes his eyes,
And takes a great big NAP!*
*This line can also be said as follows: "This is the way he folds his arms and sits like that!" (Action: Fold you arms.)
1. Make the shape of women's glasses.
2. Put your hand on your head.
3. Clasp your hands and put them in your lap.
4. Make the shape of men's glasses.
5. Put your hand on your head.
6. Stretch out arms, yawn while talking, and put hands next to your face, like you're going to sleep.
Thanks and Acknowledgements
Many thanks to Rhianna Barr for sharing this rhyme with us!
Let us know what you think!
If you feel any comment below is inappropriate, please email us. Thanks!