In my last post, I discussed how great it is to read books in foreign languages on the Kindle (an electronic device for reading). You can look up words in the other language in the middle of reading a passage.
In order to do this you have to buy a foreign language dictionary for the Kindle. Then you change the default dictionary on the device to use the new dictionary. (You can always change the dictionary back to the original one.)
Here’s how you change the default dictionary on the Kindle (at least this is how you do it on the Kindle 3, other models might be different):
1) Go to the Home screen by pressing the Home button.
2) Press the Menu button.
3) Scroll down to underline and then select Settings.
4) Press the Menu button again.
5) Scroll down and underline "Change Primary Dictionary" and select it.
6) Underline the dictionary you want to use and select it.
That’s all there is to it.
This artilce was posted on Wednesday, September 29th, 2010 at 9:00 pm and is filed under Books & Stories, Dictionaries, Language Dictionaries, Languages, Languages, Languages, Learning, Teaching, The Kindle. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.