This recipe is made with oatmeal flour replacing half of the all-purpose flour. I like it because it still has a light taste (not heavy like whole wheat flour). Yet oatmeal flour is very healthy! In the recipe below you’ll see that the walnuts and chocolate chips are optional. I included the walnuts in both loaves. I added 1/2 cup of chocolate chips to only one of the loaves. It’s up to you.
Here’s the recipe, it’s easy to make!
Recipe for Zucchini Bread
(Makes 2 Loaves)
3 cups Grated Zucchini
1 cup Light Brown Sugar
2/3 cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 cup Plain Yogurt
2/3 cup Extra Light Olive Oil
1 t. Vanilla
1 1/2 cup Oat Flour
1 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
1 1/2 t. Cinnamon
1/2 t. Nutmeg
1 1/2 t. Baking Powder
2 t. Baking Soda
1 t. Salt
1 cup Chopped Walnuts
1 cup Chocolate Chips
2. Mix together the grated zucchini, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, yogurt, olive oil and vanilla in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the oat flour, all-purpose flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
5. Fold in the walnuts and chocolate chips if using.
6. Evenly distribute the batter into the 2 pre-greased loaf pans.
7. Cook for 50 – 60 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle of the loaves.
This article was posted on Friday, August 5th, 2016 at 8:06 pm and is filed under Bread, Countries & Cultures, Recipes of the World, USA, Zucchini Bread. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
One Response to “Recipe for Zucchini Bread (with Oat Flour)”
Leave a Reply