This parsley tart is like a burst of springtime! It’s so fresh tasting… yum! It’s also easy to make and requires only 6 ingredients + salt and pepper! You’ll find the recipe below along with some notes about tart pans and puff pastry dough…
About the Tart Pan
The difference between a tart pan and a pie dish is that a tart pan is more shallow.
Tart Dish: Approximately 10″ Diameter & 1 1/4″ High
Pie Dish: Approximately 9 1/2″ Diameter & 2″ High
If you don’t have a tart dish, you can use either a pie dish or a springform pan that’s 9 1/2″ – 10″ diameter. The dough should only go up the side by about 1 1/4″. (Read more about alternatives to tart dishes here.)
About the Puff Pastry Dough
You can make your own puff pastry dough or you can buy it premade. I use Pepperidge Farm’s frozen Puff Pastry which includes two sheets. You only need one for this recipe. You should defrost it.
Puff Pastry Dough (defrosted)
1 large bunch of Parsley
1 clove of Garlic
7 oz. Heavy Cream or Crème Fraiche
Salt & Pepper
4 oz. Soft Goat Cheese
Preheat oven to 355F (180C)
Defrost puff pastry if you’re using a frozen version.
1. Butter and flour the tart dish. Press out the thawed puff pastry dough into the tart dish (see note above if you’re using a pie dish). You can do this with a rolling pin. I just do it by hand.
2. Clean and dry the parsley and take the leaves off the stems. Place the leaves in a food processor with a clove of garlic and “chop” it up into little pieces.
3. Beat 2 eggs. Whisk in the cream. Mix in the parsley/garlic mixture and a little salt and pepper. Pour evenly into the tart dish.
4. Cut the goat cheese into six – eight 1/3″ slices. Arrange the slices of goat cheese evenly around the top of the tart.
5. Cook on 355F for about 25 – 30 minutes. Until crust is golden and mixture is firm.
Note: This is based on a French Recipe called Tarte au persil et au chèvre.
This article was posted on Sunday, November 3rd, 2019 at 9:11 pm and is filed under Countries & Cultures, Cuisine, France, French Cuisine, Main Course, Mama Lisa, Parsley & Goat Cheese Tart, Recipes of the World. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
2 Responses to “Parsley & Goat Cheese Tart”
Leave a Reply