1. Put your eggs in a single layer in a pot. These are Large Eggs…
2. Cover with cold water. The water should cover the eggs plus go over them by an inch. Some people add salt to the water to make it easier to peel the eggs later.
3. Bring to a boil on medium-high heat.
4. When the water comes to a boil, cover the pot with a lid. Take off heat immediately. Let sit for 10 – 12 minutes.
5. Once the eggs are done sitting in the hot water, douse them with cold water. I let them sit in a pot of cold water for a couple of minutes.
6. Take the eggs out and let them dry on a paper towel.
Below is a large egg after sitting in hot water for 9 minutes.
It’s actually perfect for egg salad. For eggs you’re dyeing, you should keep them in the hot pot of water for 12 minutes.
Here’s an egg after sitting for 12 minutes
This is the best way to hard-boil eggs! Really perfect!
This article was posted on Monday, April 25th, 2011 at 12:05 pm and is filed under Cooking Eggs, Countries & Cultures, Easter, Easter Eggs, Holidays Around the World, How to Cook Hard Boiled Eggs, Recipes of the World, United Kingdom, USA. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
2 Responses to “How to Make Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs”
Leave a Reply