Monique wrote from France: "La pâte d’abricot is apricot paste. It’s like candy. Here’s how you make it:
Recipe for Apricot Paste
1. Peel apricots and cover them with water in a pot.
2. Cook them until heated.
3. Purée the mixture until smooth.
4. Weigh the mixture and add sugar in an amount equaling the weight of the apricot mixture. Stir.
5. Cook the mixture again on low heat until transparent. (Be very careful when it’s cooking with the sugar because it bubbles and if it splatters on you, it can stick to your skin and burn.)
6. Pour into little molds. Let cool until set.
This article was posted on Thursday, June 16th, 2011 at 6:56 pm and is filed under Apricot Paste, Countries & Cultures, Cuisine, Desserts, France, French, French Cuisine, Languages, Recipes of the World. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
3 Responses to “French Apricot Paste – It’s Like Candy!”
Leave a Reply