Gatas at Itlog
Nowadays this is recited by young children as a poem for Nutrition Month in schools in the Philippines.
Gatas at Itlog
Milk and Eggs
(1) Alagaan mo ang manok
(2) Bibigyan ka ng itlog.
(3) Ang gatas at ang itlog
(4) Ay pagkaing pampalusog.
(5) Ang saging at papaya
(6) Ay pagkaing pampaganda.
(7) Ikaw'y uminom ng gatas
(8) At kumain ka ng itlog.
(9) Hindi magtatagal
(10) At ikaw'y bibilog.
(1) Take good care of the hen
(2) It'll give you eggs.
(3) Milk and eggs
(4) Are healthy foods.
(5) Bananas and papayas
(6) Will make you pretty.
(7) Drink milk
(8) And eat eggs.
(9) It won't take long
(10) And you'll grow round.
Sometimes people skip the first two lines or they say them at the end.
(1) Cross arms over your chest.
(2) Make an oval with your hands together in front of you like an egg.
(3) Put your left hand out to your left side and your right hand out to the right side, like you're holding milk in one hand and eggs in the other.
(4) Put your hands up to your mouth like you're eating and then make a muscle with both arms out to your sides.
(5) Put your left hand out to your left side and your right hand out to the right side, like you're holding bananas in one hand and papayas in the other.
(6) Put your hands up to your mouth like you're eating and then on your cheeks like you're pretty (or handsome).
(7) Put your hand near your mouth miming that you're drinking milk.
(8) Mime eating and then make an oval shape in front of you with your hands like an egg.
(9) Wave your finger side to side in front of you.
(10) Make a big round shape in front of you with your hands.