Sitting criss-cross applesauce means to sit cross-legged. But when you say the line in this rhyme, you draw an x on the child's back.
1. Criss-cross applesauce
2. Spiders crawling up your back
3. Cool Breeze
4. Tight squeeze
5. Now you've got the shiveries!
Some people call this rhyme, "Squish Squash Applesauce" instead of "Criss-Cross Applesauce".
1. Make an "x" on the child's back.
2. Walk your fingers up the kid's back.
3. Blow on the child's neck.
4. Hug the child.
5. Tickle the kid's back!
Read about the saying criss cross applesauce for sitting cross legged
Learn more Criss-cross Applesauce Rhymes.
Recited by Mama Lisa.
Here's a way to do this rhyme with a baby...
Thanks and Acknowledgements
Image composed by Lisa.