Here’s the recipe…
Recipe for Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons
14 ounce bag of Sweetened Shredded Coconut
14 ounce can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
2 Egg Whites
1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
5 ounces Good Quality Chocolate Chips (optional)
Makes about 24 Cookies
Preheat oven to 325 F.
1. In a large bowl, mix together the shredded coconut, condensed milk and vanilla extract.
3. Gently fold the egg white mixture into the coconut mixture.
4. Using a melon baller or a spoon, place the mixture in about 1 1/2 – 2" dollops on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. Place them about 1 inch apart.
5. Cook for 20 – 25 minutes until golden brown. Let cool. They’re delicious like this, or you can continue to step 6 and dip them in chocolate.
6. Place the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Cook for 30 seconds. Then stir the mixture. Cook 30 seconds more and stir. It should be smooth and fully melted. If needed you can cook for another 30 seconds.
8. Store in a tin.
This article was posted on Wednesday, February 10th, 2016 at 4:39 pm and is filed under Candy, Cookies, Countries & Cultures, Desserts, Holidays Around the World, Recipe for Coconut Macaroons, Recipes of the World, USA, Valentine's Day. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.
2 Responses to “Recipe for Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons”
Leave a Reply