This year I made my own homemade Cranberry Sauce, thanks to a recipe given to me by my friend Judy. It came out really good and I plan to add this to my Thanksgiving fare every year.
The recipe is easy to make! You can adjust the honey and lemon juice ratio to suit your taste.
Recipe for Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
12 ounces Cranberries
1 cup Water
1/2 cup Sugar
2 Tablespoons Honey
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
1. Rinse off cranberries to clean.
2. Bring water and sugar to a boil in a saucepan.
3. Add cranberries and bring mixture back to a boil. Then lower so that it’s only gently boiling for about 10 – 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
4. Remove from heat. Add the honey and lemon juice and stir.
5. Let cool and refrigerate.
I made it the day before and it was perfect in time for the holiday. I added a little more honey and sugar because my cranberries were very tart. That made it delicioso!
Many thanks to Judy for sharing this great recipe with me!
This article was posted on Sunday, November 29th, 2009 at 6:07 pm and is filed under Christmas, Countries & Cultures, Cranberry Sauce Recipe, Holidays Around the World, Recipes of the World, Side Dishes, Thanksgiving, USA. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.
One Response to “Homemade Cranberry Sauce Recipe”
Leave a Reply