Peanut butter cups are soooo easy to make. The ingredients are basically chocolate chips, peanut butter, powdered sugar, salt and vanilla. Always feel you can adjust the flavorings like salt and vanilla to suit your taste. I like Ghirardelli Chocolate Chips, but you can use your favorite chocolate and peanut butter.
(Makes 12 Large Peanut Butter Cups)
12 oz. bag Chocolate Chips
1/3 cup Peanut Butter
1/3 cup Powdered Sugar
Pure Vanilla Extract to taste
1/8 to 1/4 t. Salt
1. Put 12 mini cupcake liners into a mini-muffin pan.
2. Melt half of the chocolate chips in the microwave. First cook for 1 minute. Then stir. Then cook for 30 seconds at a time until smooth.
3. Cover the muffin paper liners with the melted chocolate. Put the pan in the refrigerator to harden.
4. Meanwhile, mix the peanut butter with the powdered sugar, salt (I used between 1/8 and 1/4 teaspoonfuls) and a little Vanilla.
5. Once the chocolate in the muffin cups hardens, put a small spoonful of the peanut butter mixture into each chocolate "cup".
6. Melt the rest of the chocolate chips using the method in step 2.
7. Put the melted chocolate over the peanut butter to cover it.
8. Put the muffin tin back in the refrigerator to harden.
This article was posted on Monday, February 14th, 2011 at 10:57 pm and is filed under Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups, Desserts, Recipes of the World. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
Leave a Reply