France is home to a rich tradition of children's songs and rhymes. Singing them is a great, fun way to learn about the French language and culture!
In French Kids Songs & Rhymes we've gathered over 50 of France's best-loved traditional children's songs, presented in their original French language and with translations into English.
Each song provides links to web pages where you can listen to records, watch video performances, and often find sheet music.
Many have commentary sent to us by our correspondents who are immersed in the traditions and culture of France.
You'll find well-known songs like Frère Jacques (Brother John), Alouette, gentille alouette (Lark, Sweet Lark) and Au clair de la lune (Under the Moon), alongside many you may never have heard of.
This book includes:
• Over 50 French children's songs and rhymes
• Full text of each in the original language
• English translations
• Many with links to sheet music
• Most with links to recordings and videos
• Commentary from our correspondents about what the songs and rhymes have meant to their lives
There's no better way to help kids and adults alike learn to love the French language!