Here are some simple instructions to create a handprint ornament. It can be used as a Christmas decoration or for Chanukah or Mother’s Day or any time you want to hang something cute!
1. Cut out a circle using a thick piece of paper of the color of your choosing
(about 6 1/2 inches in diameter).
2. Print the handprint saying below on white paper and cut out in the shape of a small rectangle, with special scissors that make fancy edges if desired (about 3 1/2 x 2 1/2 inches).
This is to remind you
When I’ve grown so tall
That once I was so little
And my hands were very small.
3. Cut out a square using colored paper to go behind the saying, again using special scissors for fancy edges if desired (about 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches).
4. Glue the colored square in the center of the circle making a diamond. Then glue down the saying over the colored square as pictured above. You can add stars to put around the diamond if desired.
5. Paint the palm side of the child’s hand a different color from the color of the circle.
6. Place the child’s painted hand down on the other side of the paper circle. Make sure the fingers are facing the top of the circle.
Use a hole punch to make a hole in the top of the circle. Insert a pipe cleaner in the whole and twist the top of the pipe cleaner to make it a circle to hang it on a tree or elsewhere.
This artilce was posted on Wednesday, December 22nd, 2010 at 5:53 pm and is filed under Arts and Crafts, Christmas, Countries & Cultures, Crafts, Crafts, Handprint Projects, Hanukkah, Holiday Crafts, Holidays Around the World, Mothers Day, Parenting, Teaching, USA. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.