This song is called, "Go Bananas" or "Peel Bananas." It's a camp song and a scout song. It's sometimes done as a call-and-response, repeating each verse.
Bananas Unite! (1)
Peel, peel bananas! (2)
Slice, slice bananas! (3)
Smash, smash bananas! (4)
Lick, lick bananas! (5)
Eat, eat bananas! (6)
Go, go bananas! (7)
There are many variations of this song. Some people put the phrase "I said" before each verse, as in "I said, peel bananas, peel, peel bananas!"
Most versions have "Peel bananas" at the beginning and "Go bananas" and the end.
(1) Place hands together high up above your head.
(2) Alternate hands from the top down to the side like you're peeling a banana (you're the banana).
(3) Make a slicing action with the bottom part of your arms in front of you hands out like a karate chop.
(4) Make a smashing motion with one fist into the palm of your other hand.
(5) Pretend to lick your palm every time you chant "lick," alternating hands.
(6) Pretend to put a banana up to your mouth and eat it, alternating hands.
(7) Jump around in a circle while waving your hands in the air… basically, go bananas!
Peel banana; peel, peel banana!
Bite banana; bite, bite banana!
Chew banana; chew, chew banana!
Swallow banana; swallow, swallow, banana!
Digest banana! Digest, digest banana!
Go bananas! Go, go bananas!
Let us know what you think!
If you feel any comment below is inappropriate, please email us. Thanks!