There are different versions of this rhyme.
Knock at the door
Lift the latch
Wipe your feet
And walk in.
Alysa wrote: "My nanna passed away a couple of years ago and i am trying to compile all her Scottish nursery rhymes and lullabies she used to sing to us… Nanna was from Dumbarton in Scotland, but moved to New Zealand when she was 4 years old, but still sung all of these with a Scottish accent, it was fantastic!"
1. Lightly "knock" on the forehead.
2. Carefully rise up each eyebrow.
3. Gently lift up the tip of the nose.
4. Rub the cheeks like you're wiping feet on a mat.
5. Pretend to walk your fingers into the mouth.
Thanks and Acknowledgements
Many thanks to Alysa Wakefield for contributing this rhyme.
Thanks so much!